Friday, February 19, 2010

compassion

Most of us have felt compassion for others. Compassion is a natural gift we have recieved from our Heavenly Father. Although some people have less compassion than others, it is in all of us.
Well, I have felt compasssion for others throghout my life, whether it be a family member who is ill or someone I see on the news. Compassion comes from Love I believe. It also comes from personal experiences.
Lately, I have undergone a trial with my back. I have had moments whre I can notmove at all. Not even a muscle for pain was so intense. I have had difficulty in bathing, toileting, walking, bendign, stretching, reaching, etc... I have tried to remain positive during this ordeal for I feel that negativity just breeds negativity and people really don't want to hear about it. Well, I found out yesterday what was going on with my back. It may require surgery, but I'm going to do everything I can to not have to have surgery. Anyway, I was feeling down all day yesterday. Then I relized someting as I listened to our neighbors getting on the paratransit bus this morning. I have a group home close to us. The indivicuals that live there have multiple disabilities. They recieve full time care. They use wheelchairs just to be able to move around at all. Someone has to feed them, bathe them, etc...
I realized that I understood them more than ever before. My condition will eventually improve I am hopeful. The wonderful neighbors will not unless the Lord heals them.
Some say, I have gonen through so much all ready now this how can I stand it? Well the answer is I don't always, but I do try to find out how I can learn from things I go through.
I am so thrilled that the Lord is so giving and kind and that he gives us opportunities to learn and love and therefor improve our compassion for others.
People have ehlped me with getting my wheelchair, dropping us off places, etc... how kidn people are. Thank you Lord! :) Have a good time!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your back. I hope it all works out well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete